VAUDREUIL-DORION, Quebec–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Harden and Walmart Canada announced today their plans to build Walmart’s Quebec fulfillment centre, located in Vaudreuil-Dorion. The ±457,000 square foot building is part of Harden’s new industrial park, Le Campus Henry Ford, with Walmart Canada as its first tenant. The new facility, currently slated to open in 2024, will offer better product availability and quicker service for Walmart’s customers.
“We’re extremely excited to be working with Walmart on this project” said Tyler and Chris Harden, Co-Chief Executive Officers of Harden. “This fulfillment centre is a testament to the commitment and belief Walmart Canada has to the market of Vaudreuil-Dorion and to the province of Quebec. We are thrilled to see this market flourish as a logistic hub and continue to be rooted by our values of continued growth in the communities we work in.”
“This important investment is the latest example of Walmart’s commitment to Quebec,” said Cyrille Ballereau, Walmart Canada Regional Vice President for Quebec. “We are investing for growth in Quebec and creating jobs for Quebecers to better serve our customers. Quebecers will see refreshed stores, quicker service and more options available in-store and online. When Quebecers choose Walmart, they are choosing to support a retailer that supports Quebecers.”
Quebec fulfillment centre
- The Quebec fulfillment centre, to be located in Vaudreuil-Dorion, will be approximately 457,000 square feet in size, serving as a delivery hub for millions of customer orders in Quebec and Atlantic Canada.
- The facility will be powered by cutting-edge logistics technology to achieve productivity with less physical effort by using innovative technology.
- This platform will speed up order fulfillment through an advanced operating system that will help associates store, pick and sort items by using smart and flexible storage abilities to manage a large and wide variety of inventory.
- Capable of shipping 20 million items annually from the facility to local customers.
- Capable of storing 500,000 items to fulfil direct to home and in-store pickup orders.
- Designed to optimize packaging, minimize waste and reduce transportation costs.
- Creating approximately 225 new jobs in Quebec, plus construction and engineering jobs.
- Individuals can apply for jobs at the fulfillment centre at https://careers.walmart.ca/.
“We know these are challenging times for our customers. That’s why we are proud to be making significant investments in Canada to deliver the very best shopping experience,” said JP Suarez, Executive Vice President, Chief Administration Office and Regional CEO for Walmart International, who is also leading Walmart Canada on an interim basis. “We are building a better Walmart Canada to help more Canadians save money and live better. As the cost of living rises, Canadians can trust Walmart to be that convenient, one-stop shop for everyday low prices.”
Walmart Canada is the first tenant at Le Campus Henry Ford, located in Harden’s new industrial park in Vaudreuil-Dorion, which is easily accessible by Highways 20, 30 and 40 and strategically located to cater to the Quebec and Atlantic markets, in addition to the northeastern United States.
Le Campus Henry Ford features five additional buildings to be constructed and available rental spaces totalling approximately 500,000 square feet for prestige and logistic uses, with a specific focus on fulfillment and distribution centres.
For more details regarding Le Campus Henry Ford, ongoing Harden projects or the brand, please visit https://www.harden.ca/.
Established in 1985, Harden is a second-generation family-owned real-estate company whose primary objective is to own and operate commercial, residential, and industrial properties in numerous communities throughout the provinces of Québec and Ontario. Its vertical integration allows it to specialize in all facets of the real-estate development process, including development, construction, leasing, and property management.
For more information on Harden, visit www.harden.ca.
About Walmart Canada
Walmart Canada operates a chain of more than 400 stores nationwide serving 1.5 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, Walmart.ca, is visited by more than 1.5 million customers daily. With more than 100,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada was recently recognized as a LinkedIn Top Company of 2022 and was also named one of Canada’s most popular brands (based on Google searches). Walmart Canada has made a commitment to regeneration – focusing on equitable opportunity, sustainability, community, ethics and integrity. Since 1994, Walmart Canada has raised over $500 million to support communities across Canada. Additional information can be found at walmartcanada.ca and on Walmart Canada’s social media pages – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Media Contacts :